15.7.18

WC CHALLENGE: #25/25


25/25:

I saved the best for last! 

This Umbro alternative kit was worn between March to September 1992. It featured in international friendlies either side of the 1992 UEFA Euro Championship, drawing with Czechoslovakia 2-2, and losing to Spain 1-0.
It is probably England's most daring kit to date, and is one which wasn't utilised enough.
The shirts being produced by Umbro during this era are some of the best, for example: Man Utd 's home and away, Brazil's away and Scotland's away (Check the catalogue page included in my images!)
One thing that I will never understand though, is why are the shorts so bloody short!?

I’m wearing #4, as worn by Martin Keown, who was only 1 of 2 goal scorers in this kit. Keown made 43 appearances for England, captaining the team once. 

Today's schedule - The 2018 World Cup Final:
France v Croatia

As a Portsmouth supporter I obviously love an underdog! This is Croatia's 1st ever World Cup Final, and even though I'm a fan of the French squad I'm going to be supporting that Croatians. Hopefully it'll be a fairly open game, with a lot of attacking. And who knows, maybe Giroud will get a shot on target!! 









SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Joseph R Winter. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig